Treasure Adventure World
Treasure Adventure World is a epic open-world adventure – classic gameplay with a modern hand-drawn 2D style. Sail to faraway islands, searching for ancient artifacts that were once used to fight an evil demon. Upgrade your sail-boat and find gear to enhance your treasure-hunting and fighting potential. Along the way, discover clues and solve puzzles to reclaim your forgotten past and uncover the mysterious origins of your archipelagic world.
It’s a ground-up remake of a freeware game developed by Robit Games named Treasure Adventure Game, which was released in 2011. Though the gameplay is similar to TAG, graphics, story, and gameplay have all been changed in this re-imagining.
- Epic open-world puzzle-platform gameplay
- Intriguing story unfolds as you progress - charming NPCs, mysterious other-worldy beings, and multiple endings
- Over 100 items to find and collect including a sail boat
- Day/night and weather system which changes the gameplay and affects some puzzles
- Colorful HD hand-drawn graphics by Christine Crossley
- Full-length original soundtrack and audio by Robert Ellis
- Dozens of enemy types and 8 bosses
- Gobs of hidden secrets, Easter-eggs and cameos from other indie-games
Treasure Adventure World was made with a desire to create a fully-realized, playful world - filled with mysterious creatures and hidden treasures, harkening back to the games of the 16-bit era. TAW was been funded through a pre-order campaign, family support and by working day-jobs/contract work by the development team.
Treasure Adventure World was being coded using Construct Classic, a free DirectX 9 game creator for Windows. It’s open-source and utilizes a visual, event-based editor.
Awards & Recognition
- "MineCon Indie Showcase" Orlando, FL, November 2013
- "Boston FIG Showcase" Cambridge, MA, August 2014
- "Too Many Games Indie Showcase" Philadelphia, PA, June, 2014
- "MAGFest 13 Indie Showcase" National Harbor, MD, January, 2014